Thursday, May 26, 2011

Leonard Nimoy's Retirement: He Won't Be Spock Again

Actor, director, photographer Leonard Nimoy is set to end his public career and made what he calls one of his last public appearances when he is a guest at Phoenix Comicon on May 28, 2011.

He told College Times that he would be heading into retirement, but would not by any means be doing nothing:
The actor and science-fiction legend says he just doesn't feel the need for it anymore, emotionally or financially, and that he would rather focus more on his photography. "Several museums now hold my work around the country," he says. "But the most important [reason] is my family. I have a great family life, with wonderful people that I love dearly. I've had a great, great run and I'm a very grateful guy."
That's a more positive story to tell than Harlan Ellison told about what he called his final convention appearance last year.

1 comment:

senior apartment rentals said...

Well,though it doesn't look good to see someone going or leaving his work.But thanks to him for memorable moments given in his wonderful career.