Monday, March 29, 2010

My New Column in Northside San Francisco

The new issue of Northside San Francisco is out (in print and online), and it includes my first column for the publication. The column's called Common Knowledge, and this month it features my city's mayor (and probably future state lt. governor), Gavin Newsom.

Everything’s relative in Newsom’s next race
By John Zipperer

When San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom made his abortive run for the office of California governor, he was the Democratic Party’s liberal candidate. So I was surprised when my friend Gina said that Newsom had been her preferred candidate. Gina’s politics are solidly center or even center-right; she’s a Facebook fan of John McCain. What, I asked, was Newsom’s appeal? “He’s practical,” she said. “I like his pragmatism.”

No comments: